Friday, April 2, 2010

Well... Not so good then...

Life sucks at this particular moment in time. I should be over the moon - I went to Lady Gaga last night (absolutely amazing!) and had the time of my life, it's Good Friday so I don't have to work, I'm going to a dancing workshop tonight with some mates... but one phone call yesterday ruined everything.

At precisely 4.45pm, I received a phone call from my landlord. I tried to call him on Monday about renewing our lease, only I couldn't reach him. He informed me yesterday that he wasn't going to be renewing our lease, didn't actually give us a reason why not, just that he 'had other plans for the unit'.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that he let me know. But he let me know at the close of office hours at the start of a LONG WEEKEND!! I can't do a damned thing until Tuesday now, no viewing, no walkthroughs, NOTHING! Why didn't he call me back on Monday and let me know then? I could have had all week to look for somewhere.

I am trying to deal with work, and uni, and now this? Oh, the lease runs out on the 16th of April, but we're allowed to stay here until the 23rd... three weeks from today, at most. I don't even know how to move from rental to rental! Do I get my bond back straight away? Or do I have to wait until after a complete inspection *after* I've moved out? Can I transfer a bond from one property to another? Does it matter that I'm renting privately at the moment and will be switching to a managed property??

Seriously... I want to buy a lottery ticket and win the 20 or 30 Million that's on offer. Then I can just buy the house I want and all will be good. Unfortunately, life doesn't work like that. So... can anyone help me??

... for those interested, I'm going to post again later about Lady Gaga and my dancing thing tonight...

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure with the bond, you have to wait until after the vacated inspection before it is returned, if it is returned at all. I don't think it makes any difference whether the rental is private or not, but with a private rental (well, any rental really), you should be very careful and know your rights very well, just in case ;). Good luck and hang in there honey, I'm sure you'll find somewhere good in time.

    xx

    ReplyDelete